Thursday, March 19, 2015

Casa Grande Mexican Restaurant - Reno, NV

Casa Grande Mexican Restaurant - lunch on March 14, 2015, 4-star rating on yelp
We visited my sister and her fiancé at their new house last weekend. The drive took several hours so by the time we arrived, unloaded the car, fawned over their dogs and drove to the restaurant, we ended up having a mid-afternoon lunch. Which worked out pretty well as the place was almost empty and there was plenty of room for our party of 6.
Even if it had been busier, Casa Grande is rather spacious so it could easily accommodate large crowds. The interior is broken up into several large eating spaces and we had the luxury of being the only occupants in one of them.
Fresh, warm tortilla chips - mmmmm
Spinach Enchiladas
 My sister and her fiancĂ© had already eaten here to scope out the restaurant ahead of time for our visit. Plus they’re aficionados of Mexican food so we could trust any place they took us to would serve good food. No exception this time either.

I don’t remember what everyone ordered but the portions were generous and by all accounts, everyone’s entrees were pretty good. I gorged on ate more than my share of the warm tortilla chips that arrived before our meals so I didn’t have a lot of room for my shrimp fajitas but what I had was tasty.
Shrimp Fajitas
Service was excellent and our wait server was very accommodating, bringing over special house sauces by request that were spicy. My sister has more adventurous taste buds than I do and, like my mom and my nieces, has a high tolerance for spice so if you like spicy Mexican food, this is a good place to visit. Price points are in the $12-$18 range for most of the entrees and, according to two of my lunch companions, apparently they make a mean margarita.
Blended Margarita
Margarita on the Rocks

No comments:

Post a Comment