Sunday, August 23, 2015

My Favorite Cake Recipes

As part of the new direction for my blog, I did want to curate some of my favorite recipes that may have gotten buried in almost 6 years' worth of blog posts. When I do a search, sometimes the older posts don't appear in the search so I'm going to surface the ones I think are well worth surfacing.

To start with, here are some of my favorite cake recipes through the years. Click on the titles to go to the recipes and the original blog posts for them.

My oldest favorite is this carrot cake from Jim Fobel's Old-Fashioned Baking Book. I discovered it early in my baking career and it's withstood the test of time to the point that I don't try a lot of different recipes for carrot cakes because I like this one so much.


Almost just as long-standing a recipe is my favorite for coconut cake. I've made this for people who don't even like coconut and, surprisingly, they love this cake. I don't make it often because it falls into the category of "I'd eat more than I should". Hence why I don't have a slice of the inside. It can be a three or four layer cake; that's up to you.

 

A more recent favorite is this red velvet bundt cake which bills itself as a copycat to Nothing Bundt Cake's red velvet. I think it's better. 


Out of all the sheet cakes and Texas cakes I've made, this is hands-down my favorite vanilla sheet cake. You can make it with chocolate or vanilla frosting but either way, the cake is amazingly simple and delicious.


And of course, a list of favorites wouldn't be complete without a chocolate cake. I offer you two versions, one fancy and one simple, both delicious.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.
    birthday cake Glendale

    ReplyDelete