Sunday, November 1, 2015

Restaurant Review: Mo's, the Breakfast + Burger Joint

Mo's - brunch on October 10, 2015
I love breakfast food. I could eat it for any meal. And when I meet friends over the weekend, I try to engineer some kind of reason to meet for breakfast or brunch if the timing was right. Fortunately, it was when my friend Shawn and I met for brunch at Mo's, a place we'd wanted to try since we saw it when we had burgers at Brown Chicken Brown Cow.
Benedict Angelo: Canadian bacon, poached eggs, Hollandaise sauce served over homemade buttermilk biscuits $13
We had the choice of sitting outside (with heat lamps if it got chilly) or inside. It was an overcast day but the perfect temp to sit outside so we chose outdoor dining. We got there early enough that we were able to be seated right away. I pretty much salivated over the whole menu, a sure sign I would likely come back so I could try other dishes. For this inaugural visit, I went with the chicken and waffles. Or "The Cluckin' Waffle" as Mo's calls it. Loved it. I couldn't finish all of the chicken but lest you think my appetite was too dainty, that was mostly to leave room for dessert.
The Cluckin' Waffle: Mo's waffle topped with fried chicken tenders and drizzled with maple syrup $13
Mo's didn't actually have a dessert menu, at least none that we saw but we were unfazed because they did have The Nutty Waffle: a dessert waffle. What more could we ask for? Uh, although I think we threw our very nice wait server when, despite the generous portions she'd already served us, here we were asking for dessert, especially since we were both already full from our entrees. But that was okay since we asked her to leave off the whipped cream - less calories that way, you know. HAHAHAHAHA. Yes, we were pigs. But it was worth it.
The Nutty Waffle: Mo's waffle topped with nutella, roasted pecans, and powdered sugar $10.50 (we skipped the whipped cream)
Both my waffles in my savory entree and in the dessert waffle were excellent. It was lighter than most waffles I've had or made myself, crisp on the outside, airy on the inside. So waffles are an excellent choice if you ever go to Mo's, whether you want a savory dish or a sweet one. I was also giving the very obvious stare to the entrees coming out for other diners and after seeing plate and plate of different French toast dishes come out, I know what I'm ordering at my next visit. And rest assured, there will be a next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment