Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015 Meal 1

Celebrated early - November 22, 2015
Accompaniments to Palabok
I was fortunate enough to enjoy an early Thanksgiving meal with family earlier this week. We were celebrating my nieces' birthday as well as having our own Thanksgiving with them before they scattered to other family members and the families of their respective boyfriends.
Palabok sauce
At my nieces' request, my mom made Pancit Palabok - a Filipino noodle dish, similar to spaghetti only that it has (rice stick) noodles and a sauce. Palabok also had add-ons such as toasted garlic, hard-boiled eggs, shrimp, green onions and ground up pork rinds. Being the plain eater I am, yup, you guessed it, I only add the sauce, shrimp and eggs.
Rice stick noodles for the palabok
Lumpia is always a family staple. The picture only shows a few but that's because we kept eating them faster than my niece could fry them, ha.
Lumpia
My mom also makes the best ribs. Seriously, fall-off-the-bone tender with a delicious barbecue sauce. I'd get the recipe from her but let's face it, I wouldn't be able to make them like she does so I'm not even going to try.
Barbecue Ribs
Broccoli salad which my nieces loved but, and let's not kid ourselves, as a non-veggie girl, I left this one alone.
Broccoli Salad
Dessert was both my traditional apple cobbler plus I made another attempt at banana cake (not picture, future post to follow).
Apple Cobbler

Another excellent Thanksgiving meal and much to be grateful for. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment