Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Restaurant Review: Casa Lupe

Casa Lupe - lunch on July 7, 2017
Back from my Italy travels, back to work and back-to-work lunch meeting makes up this post. I'm still taking a break from baking in this summer heat (more or less) but don't worry, the recipes will be back up next week after a few more posts.

If you search for all the restaurant reviews I've done, you'll notice I don't go to a lot of Mexican restaurants. That's because I don't eat a lot of Mexican food. I have nothing against the cuisine per se but I've explained before that I don't eat so many of the foods that form the base for many Mexican dishes.
If you search for all the restaurant reviews I've done, you'll notice I don't go to a lot of Mexican restaurants. That's because I don't eat a lot of Mexican food. I have nothing against the cuisine per se but I've explained before that I don't eat so many of the foods that form the base for many Mexican dishes. I only eat tomatoes in spaghetti sauce and pizza so no salsa for me. I don't like avocados so no guacamole for me. I only like kidney beans in their whole form; I can't do refried beans (the texture and appearance put me off). Forget peppers, bell or other kinds. I don't like sour cream or a lot of sauce on my food. Not to mention my bland taste buds make spicy dishes something I normally avoid.
Carne Asada - $19.95
But my coworker suggested Mexican food and there was one near the office so there we went. I'm a picky eater but a social one and I figure I could find something on the menu that I could eat without too much fuss. And so I did. Carne Asada for me, which they plated very nicely and I felt guilty leaving so much on the plate but I dug under the bell peppers and veggies for the steak underneath. Between that, the rice, the corn tortillas that came with it and the warm tortilla chips that came with our meals, I was good.
Chicken Enchiladas - $12.95
The wait staff was very friendly and service was good. Some of the lunch entrees seemed a bit pricey for a casual restaurant but I've found that's often the case with restaurants near my office. Cheap eats is the Subway down the block. Friendly service, good food, supporting a local small business? You pay a little more but if you like Mexican food, this is worth it. At any rate, I enjoyed the steak part of the Carne Asada.

No comments:

Post a Comment