Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Restaurant Review: Cesario's

Cesario's - dinner on June 13, 2017
While I was in San Francisco for my conference, I didn’t just eat pastries from Mr. Holmes’ Bakehouse. I also had dinner with a coworker at Cesario’s one night. It’s always fun to check out new places when I’m away from home and it’s easy enough to google “best restaurants” near whatever hotel we were staying at. Cesario’s popped as #4 on Trip Advisor and it was easy to make a reservation through Open Table so that’s where we ended up.
Turns out it was a good thing I had made a reservation as, when we arrived, the tables were nearly all full, there was a party ahead of us looking to be seated and we were able to leapfrog them, both because of the reservation and that the only table available was a two-topper. The restaurant was at a corner and, typical of San Francisco, was fairly small in terms of seating. 
Service was pretty decent, considering how crowded they were, and our server took the time to answer questions and requests for recommendations. The bread in the bread basket wasn’t crusty, which is a little surprising considering it was an Italian restaurant. I suspect they outsource their bread and get it from a bakery (a common practice) rather than baking inhouse.

We were hungry so we ordered polenta “fries” as the appetizer. The “fries” came out as fried polenta cut into chunky rectangles and served with marinara sauce. While they didn’t bear any resemblance to actual fries, they were pretty tasty and hit the right spot. 
Polenta "fries"

Linguine Vongole
For my entrĂ©e, I ordered my ubiquitous spaghetti and meatballs, my go-to choice whenever I try a new Italian restaurant, much like pad thai is my go-to test for a new Thai place. In hindsight, I really should mix up my order since it isn’t that hard to make good spaghetti and meatballs and I probably didn’t give Cesario’s enough runway to impress me with their Italian dishes. My coworker, on the advice of our server, ordered the linguine vongole. And we split the tiramisu for dessert. The food was good and the service was nice. It’s the kind of restaurant that’s a safe choice in terms of the food but if you wanted a little more adventure in your dining choices, San Francisco offers many options. For myself, I enjoyed it but it’s hard to go wrong with pasta.
Spaghetti and Meatballs

Tiramisu

No comments:

Post a Comment